Staying active in the community, institutions, and professional organization is a BIG thing for me. It keeps me energized and involved with fellow Indians, Bengalis, Gardeners, Schools, Educators, Libraries. At some point or other I have held executive positions in several of them. Now I mostly participate and contribute as a volunteer.
- BAGC – The Bengali Association of Chicago, BAGC promotes the culture and heritage of Bengalis in the Chicago Area and across North America. Many of the events are hosted at Banga Bhavan, the busy hub of Chicagoland Bengalis. Visit both sites to learn about the culture and heritage of our vibrant community.
- Skokie Public LIbrary (SPL), as their web site says, they help us discover and learn new things. I volunteer at SPL as a 1:1 Technology Coach assisting patrons to enjoy, learn and use their technologies (iPhones, iPads, Tablets, personal computers) efficiently. If you are interested in a session with me you can visit the SPL web site or call 847-673-7774.
- Chicago Botanic Garden (CBG) – A Chicago landmark that needs no introduction. As a CBG member I take advantage of the many programs offered by them, besides visiting the gardens regularly. I am also a volunteer horitculturist at the CBG, where I help with curating the English Walled Gardens.
- NEPRIS, real world delivered to every classroom! “Nepris connects teachers and students with the right industry experts, virtually without having to spend much planning time or leaving the classroom while providing an effective way for companies to extend education outreach and create equity of access.” I am a volunteer coach and evaluator at NEPRIS.
- ICE, Illinois Computing Educators, ICE is dedicated to being the leader in supporting and promoting technology in education for all. As an ICE member I contribute at Professional Development sessions and at my local chapter events and meetings. Here is a link to my Blogging Workshop, from October 2005